ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Leonard Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:53:27 -0800

It seems that a museum could be also accused of taking sides and having
agenda by consciously choosing not to offer the Gore film and suffer the
same image problems as NSTA.  It makes me wonder if the best use of our
visibility, the stance that does most good for our visitors and people
in each of our regions is to appear neutral in the face of these
controversial issues.

 - Len

>>> Evan Koblentz <[log in to unmask]> 11/27/2006 11:38 am >>>
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology
Centers
institutions.

Maybe I'm an image wimp .... but I can foresee myriad problems of
perception.  I'd be very concerned about the opinions of both Joe
Visitor
and professional grant givers.  If either party saw that a museum was
offering the Gore film, then they'd probably (and perhaps rightfully)
jump
to conclusions about who's behind the museum and what's the agenda.

Feel free to tell me that I'm being a paranoid politically correct
nutcase.
:)