From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 10:41:15 -0700
Perhaps not exactly what Jeff was going for, but I have experienced
migraine-inducing music.  Giacinto Scelsi's string quartets and Allan
Pettersson's symphony #13, to be specific.

I claim no scientific findings (I haven't been terribly motivated to try
and reproduce the results), neither do I claim any correlation to this
and the quality of the music.  In fact, I'm not really sure what this
says about the music, or me for that matter.

I'm much less familiar with Scelsi's works than I am with Pettersson's.
I've heard most of Pettersson's symphonies, the violin concertos, and
some other orchestral works, and haven't had a similar reaction.

Luckily, with modern pharmacology, nothing seems to induce migraines
these days.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/