HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:14:43 -0400
Cuneiform on baked clay tablets may not stand up to rampaging looters,
but otherwise is eternal--IF the clay has been baked hard enough.  Stone
tablets are the most durable of all, but are hard to interface with any
sort of computer--dropping them onto a scanner plate from, say a two
foot height tends to cause an absolutely irretrievable device crash.
Where's that paleo-bird with the very sharp beak, once found inside Fred
Flintstone's camera, when you need it?

D. Babson.