HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lynda Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:39:37 -0500
I am interested in seeing if anyone knows of archaeological studies of
pre-depression era tourist sites specifically targeted towards working
class groups. I'm co-writing a paper (w/ Maria O'Donovan) about the
development of tourism beyond middle and elite class experiences, but we
wondering if there have been any studies, CRM reports, projects, etc that
have addressed this.

Thanks!

Lynda Carroll
Project Director, Public Archaeology Facility
Department of Anthropology
Binghamton University, SUNY
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
(607)-777-4786