HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:22:26 -0500
Well consulting with my daughters they are of the opinion that
generally marbles are essentially male. But that jacks can be both.
although primarily female (but that no one plays either much
anymore). This matches my own recollection of my childhood. Boys did
play jacks but not that much. Girls did a lot. Marbles on the other
hand and yo-yos were big for guys.