HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:39:31 -0400
From:

In a message dated 4/27/2006 2:10:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Increasingly, my vote for storage is microfilm / microfiche.  Compact,
archival, and even if we enter a new Dark Age, readable with a  simple
light source and magnifying lens.

There should be at least 3 hard copies, as Carol Serr noted, in entirely
different locations. For example, I have field notes copies in an underground
HVAC facility, another set in my lab, and yet another set in my home office
(that should be willed to an instution in my trust).

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.