From:
Linda Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:02:18 -0600
We are blessed with the opportunity to develop a breastfeeding discharge
diaper bag to replace the formula bags now being given to breastfeeding
moms.  The bags will be free or almost free, and we want to add items that
will present a nice package for the moms but very inexpensive.  Compliance
with this substitution will be monitored as well (did I die and go to
Lactopia?)  What are you putting in your bags for breastfeeding moms, if you
have one?  Some ideas we have are Lansinoh samples (free), cloth breast pads
(cheap in bulk), a magnet with breastmilk storage info that we will have
printed with the hospital's logo and LC contact info (also cheap in bulk).
We already give out a silver (stainless steel actually) spoon and a baby
care DVD that is BF friendly.  OP lactation visits are already free (for
now) so we could include a coupon for a free weight check and/or visit.  Any
other ideas?  If any of you give a breastfeeding booklet, what do you
recommend as a brief, reasonably priced one?  I also thought of purchasing
Rebecca Glover's brochures to include (cheap in bulk).  Any ideas greatly
appreciated privately or to the list.  This change will fit nicely with WBW
theme this year about Code compliance.

Linda Anderegg, RNC, IBCLC, RLC in Chicago