From:
Rachelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:15:54 -0800
Here in North San Diego county, California,  we have 2 bank  depot's for Prolacta.  The woman who owns one of the pregnancy  resource centers sent us fliers advertising the need for human milk  donations, BUT,  the mothers were given a "free"  (as as a "payment"? ) high quality breast pump, retail value $350.00.

  I haven't had time to contact her to find out  (just for my  information) 1. Is this across the board, if you agree to donate you  get a pump?  2. Do you have to commit to a  certain amount of  time to receive the "free" pump?  3.  What kind of pump is  it?  4. Do the moms get to keep it after stopping donations?   I'm sure I will come up with others the more I think about it!

  Has anyone else heard about this or seen this in other parts of the country?

  Rachelle Markham, IBCLC, RLC
  I spent my day working, in our out-pt clinic, with babies who were not  able to transfer milk adequately so each had to be supplemented.   It has been a trend for the last month or so!

What I am doing today is important because I am exchanging
a day of my life for it.    -Unknown