ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eyesblue1492-News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:59:36 -0700

Stacey,

I worked with Archipelago Productions/Harcourt Brace on several
educational CD-ROM projects (circa 1997). Here's a synopsis:

http://www.brookscole.com/physics_d/templates/student_resources/003026961X_serway/cdinfo.html

It looks like the CDs are still available through Barnes & Nobles and others:

http://www.google.com/search?q=archipelago+productions+cd&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

While these are not earth science CDs, they may provide some ideas
about interactive design in education.

With regard to programs that focus on volcanoes, you might want to
review some of the multimedia interactive exhibits that Sea Studios
produced for the U.S. Forest Service Coldwater Ridge Visitors' Center
Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument:

http://www.seastudiosinc.com/pages/projects/mtsthelens.html

There's also some good educational materials on the USGS web site:

http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/

And more here:

http://www.nwpubliclands.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=NWIAONLINE&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=2MOSH

Good luck!