ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stuart Kohlhagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:11:11 +1000

Tinsly,

I also think an explicit approach is needed, and I aslo think it could be very popular.
It might be worth getting a copy of
Great fueds in Science ( hal hellman) as a stimulus.
( a good title for an exhibition..perhaps)

it covers A top ten debates in science
from galileo
to newton
 voltaire ( on spontaneous generation)
kelvin and the age of teh earth
continental drift
missing links and nature verses nurture

( and other perenialy pot boilers).. to which one could add flat earth, sun centred , expanding contracting universe... etc.

AS people are very litterial in interpreting exhibits, I would suggest a co-ordinated development of both exhibition AND lectures, drama, resources would be needed, but not hard to develop.

call we make a call to the list for examples of exhibitions which have successfully ( or otherwise) treated this sort of issues/ and process focused topics to help a group kick of some ideas?

Cheers
Stuart K