From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 07:36:37 -0700
Joe,

Mixing & pumping syrup,

We use old propane tanks, 5000 gal for the shop- 500 gal out in in the
yards. Semi trucks fill the large tanks then we pull from that.
We plumed lines to the bottom of the tanks for agitaors at 45degree angels
to mix medications & fumagilin B.Cam-loc in 4 -2 inch(female) are on top
along with pressure gauge and 1 inch ball valve to release pressure, the
bottom has 2 inch and 1 inch for discharge. To push the syurp we close the
breather valve on top to build presser in the tank, 20-140 psi will do the
trick depending on how thick, cold, & how long of hose the syrup has to
travel. We use the trucks air brakes to pressurize the tank with a 100 foot
hose @ 1 inch dim.We can fill four gal. feeders in 30 sec.or 7 sec per gal.
If you have to mix in a open top style tank don't over fill, as air mixing
will spatter.We use air to pump, mix.& move.

Keith Jarrett
Calif.