From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:06:35 -0500
Annalee,
  How does your client feel about the comments? Is it time to look
for a new pediatrician with a note or meeting with the current one to
explain why they are leaving?

In my childbirth classes, part of one class is devoted to talking
about finding a pediatrician. I always talk about how here in Boston
(and in any big city as well) there are many good pediatricians and
that it is important to be able to work with your pedi. In addition
to their medical knowledge they also have personalities and
philosophies. It is important that those things "work" for parents if
they are to work well together on the child's care. If it is not
working it is OK to find a new pediatrician. It doesn't meant the
doctor is a bad doctor or that they are bad parents, just that the
chemistry isn't good.

Naomi Bar-Yam