HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:11:17 -0400
Yes, that sure caught my eye.  It raised two concerns.  Where are  they
extracting their mud, i.e., borrow pit ?   And do they have  professional advice
about binders and stabilizers ?  These amateur attempts  at repairs are often
disasters.  I can only think back to all the many,  many experiments that Gil
Sanchez made before he was satisfied with the adobes  he made for our work at
Campo de Cahuenga.  It took many attempts, and for  each one, he waited until
they were thoroughly dry before evaluating each  mix.

I have not heard a single word from Steve.  I had assumed that all  parties
were eager to get the work started, but nothing since our meeting.   Do you
know if the Diocese has satisfied their concerns about the old drainage  issue ?
We have several projects all due to start around October, and I  only hope
that the schedule doesn't get too jammed up.

Best regards,
Bobby