ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:25:08 -0400

If the Hindus and Christians have their spots, I want space for Big Mama
(from the wonderful children's book Big Mama Makes the World by Phyllis
Root and Helen Oxenbury).

More seriously, the creation of the Universe is much too stunning an
event to be able to be contained in any finite number of stories, never
mind just one or two.  It's a shame that some people's faith is so
easily threatened that they feel they have to argue with a bronze
pachyderm.  I'm convinced that both religion and science would be
stronger if we focused on wonder rather than on answers.

Dave Smith, Da Vinci Center, Bethlehem, PA