HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:13:41 -0500
I will vote with Patti on this one.

As she has pointed out, both the movie AND the public response to it are
useful public archaeology DATA. We should try to understand this sort of
data, not simply dismiss it as "incorrect". And, as she suggests, we can
also use the film as a point of departure to discuss these issues with our
classes and our publics.

carol

Carol McDavid, Ph.D.
1638 Branard