From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:47:56 -0800
I recently received a small can of honey, a little more than 1 LB, from a new friend from Greece. I believe he said that he was from the island of Kalymnos. I was told that people take a teaspoon of this honey every morning as an elixir. Mr. Charlie said that this honey is processed in a special way and that it is very valuable. I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure if he said 20 Euros or 200 Euros per can. I have heard that the Euro is not much different in value from the US Dollar, so I think it more likely that he said 20 Euros in value. This honey is thicker than most North American honeys that I have tasted. Is it the processing or the flaural source? Anybody know? Some of us have speculated that some sort of ground cover would be responsible for this honey's flavor and color, of course. But what is it? The taste is pleasant and I wouldn't use it on anything other than a plain bread or cracker or tablespoon as instructed.