From:
Heleen en Harmen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:06:56 +0200
On 11 Aug 2005 at 8:24, Judy Ritchie wrote:

> Someone replied to me about the half circle newborn co-sleeper used in
> some European hospitals that we saw on a recent website photo. Perhaps
> a German based Lactnet member can find out how much it costs to
> purchase in Euros. Judy Ritchie

I have just talked to a very friendly lady at the Dutch importers.
She explained to me that at the moment the Fa. Stähle doesn't export
to the US, for a very clear reason. There are many different hospital
beds and each bed needs a different clamp. The producers do not want
to risk the bed falling off, so they need to asses the situation
personally. The representative visits every hospital to check wether
the beds are correctly installed (and I presume they teach the
staff).

Also the beds are CE-approved, but not FDA-approved. So there is a
liability matter as well.

The Dutch representative gets many requests from the US, but at
present they cannot help them. The lady told me to keep an eye on
http://pforzheimerkinderbett.de/ as this is the site where you will
find the information on a US representative if one will be appointed
(click on 'kontakt').

In the course of the conversation I threw in the price that I found
on the internet yesterday and she told me that that price was still
pretty much correct, somewhere in between 1500-1700 euro's, depending
on the clamp that is needed.
--
Heleen Hayes
www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes