Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:28:16 +0800
On 04/08/2005, at 17:16, Karleen Gribble wrote:

> The interview I was worried about has gone to air and although I
> haven't seen it yet (believe it or not my mum tapes it and it
> didn't work properly!) I've heard it was not too bad! Seems it was
> worth the gamble. Anyway, they have some info about it onlin and
> yes, we have had a 5yo breastfeeding on television!
> http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=22255

I just saw this - we're two hours behind here in Perth - and I
thought it was terrific. Contrary to Today Tonight's usual style, it
wasn't presented in a sensationalistic or prurient manner at all. We
saw lots of mums and children breastfeeding, from toddler age right
up to the five year old. There were also lots of close-up shots of
breastfeeding including areola well and truly on view, shot in a
completely unselfconscious and matter-of-fact style. I thought it was
very breastfeeding-positive.

It was lovely to see a breastfeeding story actually giving some
agency to the children, instead of completely making it about the
mother.

Great work.

Lara