From:
Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:45:57 -0700
That's about what they sell for in Southern Arizona...  I work at a
volunteer organization that does its best to redistribute the collections
of the elderly and those passing on.  It breaks my heart to see albums
I saved a year to buy back in the 50's and 60's going for seven cents...
and worse, yet, nobody wanting them.  We sell entire collections for
pennies, truly a cent or two each, just because there is no room to store
them..

However, if the quality is high and the selection is by someone who was
a collector with judgment, they sell for a great deal more on eBay and
other such sites.  There are a lot of young new audiophiles searching
for the best of the best online.

If you have the space to store them and the time to list them, you will
be doing your father's memory a loving remembrance.

Someday the best of these collections will be valuable again.  Space
is what we have no more of...  and good turntables and cartridges are
becoming very difficult to get.

Our public radio station has been able to receive a lot of collection
materials. You might get lucky with your local station.

Ray Bayles