HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Davis, Daniel (KYTC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:11:47 -0400
In Kentucky you can bury someone in your back yard, pretty much hoop-free.
You aren't required to be embalmed, and you can have your own coffin, even a
custom-made one http://www.vintagecoffins.com/ About the only requirement
that we have is that the coffin or casket is supposed to be purchased in the
state. Not sure how strictly that is enforced, however.

Daniel B. Davis
Archaeologist Coordinator
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Division of Environmental Analysis