HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:03:12 -0700
Actually I have had several great experiences with the SHA business office
lately. They got back to me quickly on email, and were extremely helpful
over the phone with what turned out to be several (probably annoying)
questions regarding the online submission process. They even fixed a major
mistake I had made with my submission. I used the link from the web site
(hq.sha.org) to email, and the phone number listed on the web site to call.
No problems with either. Karen, in particular, was extremely helpful,
although I could tell they were totally swamped during that last week before
the final submissions were due (on one day that we spoke, I gather she had
upwards of 300 emails to plow through). Maybe some calls or emails fell
through the cracks then?  I'm sure that by next year the bugs will be worked
out. I do hope you have heard from them by now, Anita!!

Anyway, during our conversations Karen clarified the situation with regard
to the passwords for online submissions. Apparently, the username assigned
was whatever email address that was on the "official" record at the time the
usernames were set. They then used these same email addresses to send out
the passwords...so, anyone who has changed emails in the last few years may
not have gotten the info (this is what happened to me). I thought I had
already updated it with my annual renewal, but apparently not.

So here's at least one happy customer! I am just glad that SHA finally has
online submission!

Carol

Carol McDavid, Ph.D. (Cantab)
1638 Branard, Houston, Texas, 77006, USA
(713) 523-2649
www.publicarchaeology.org