HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Daniel B. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:38:08 -0500
On the off chance that you haven't seen it yet, there is a National Register
Bulletin that deals specifically with assessment of aeronautical sites -
it's called, of course, "Guidelines for Evaluating and Documenting Historic
Aviation Properties". Published in 1998, the cover photo is of an air mail
pilot at Bowman Field, Jefferson County, Kentucky.

Daniel B. Davis
Archaeologist Coordinator
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Division of Environmental Analysis