Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:12:50 -0700
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Ann Perry wrote:

> Here comes the zinger -- he told me that Ross has bought up a bunch of
> Tom Hale's books and offering them to hospitals!  He asked if I wanted
> any.  I said we were just fine and if I wanted more I would buy them.
> Is Tom aware of this?

Even if Dr. Hale is aware of it, what can he really do about it?  In a
free market society, we can't really stop people from buying a book that
is commercially available... and, once they've purchased it, they can do
whatever they choose with it, right?  :/

As much as it nauseates me, I understand that the rep is just doing his
job.  I understand that his company has an obligation to use whatever
marketing techniques they've found most effective.  They have
shareholders, and they have a fiduciary responsibility to sell as much of
their product as possible at the highest profit possible using whatever
means they have at their disposal.  IMO, it's up to the *hospitals* to
eliminate the opportunity and venue that hospitals provide for formula
companies to market their goods.

And that's what you did!  Good for you for standing up that rep and
refusing to accept his bribes, Ann!  :)

Cee