From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:31:12 -0600
Richard Veit:

>In particular, I would point you to a tiny three-minute Schulwerk piece
>called "Gassenhauer." Back in 1963, the composer himself conducted a
>Harmonia Mundi recording of it in Salzburg.  A delightful miniature!

Wonderful perky rhythms.  A couple of decades ago this piece was a program
opener on one of Milwaukee's classical music stations.  I called the
station eventually to find out what it was and then got s recording.

I have a much more distant--and very unreliable--recollection of playing
the triangle in Kindergarten in a piece that may well have been part of
the Schulwerk.  Unfortunately I have no way of finding out if it was in
fact that.

Jim Tobin