ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JoAnn Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:41:57 -0400

Joanna,

We haven't done a helicopter, but we modified an EF-111A training cockpit and converted it into a flight simulator experience. The guest climbs in and uses the authentic controls, the stick, the throttle, and the pedals for their "flight". We added the electronics, a projector, a computer and the software. We also built a step with a railing. We always staff it to help people climb in and out and to help reduce the wear and tear. It's a huge success.

The other thing we did in this same exhibit was partner with our local EAA chapter to build a flyable experimental aircraft in view of the public.

Feel free to contact me off-line if you want additional detail.

JoAnn

JoAnn Newman
VP of Operations, Chief Operating Officer
Orlando Science Center
(407)-514-2024