HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:29:46 -0400
Dr. LuAnn Wurst and her students at SUNY Brockport (NY) have done a
comparative study of a "local" tavern and one that was built along a
road that saw increased tourist/stagecoach traffic as Niagara Falls
became a tourist destination.  Period was the early 19th century--1830s?
Papers were presented at the 2002 Norwich, NY meeting of the New York
Archaeological Association, I believe.  You should be able to contact
Dr. Wurst through Dept. Anthropology SUNY-Brockport.

D. Babson.