HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:46:59 -0800
You mean your family/friends?
Because I was born in San Diego, and my brother and I had bags of
marbles (don't think my older sister did tho)...and plenty were sold in
the local stores in San Diego Co...in the late 50s, early 60s...and
still are today (altho, probably all made in Asia).  Same with
jacks...saw girls playing it (just cant remember how much I played it
tho).

And Ron May wrote an article on marbles found in San Diego (cant
remember where, Ron)...from the late 19th Century (early 20th?) tho...
But they were played here...on the west coast.