From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 07:50:39 +1100
Jon Gallant writes:

>I hope Tony has ventured about a quarter of a mile from Tower to Harold
>Moore Records on Great Marlborough Street.  This place has a marvelous
>stock of CDs of modern music, perhaps the best in the world.  It includes
>not only plenty of music by living composers, but plenty of CDs which are
>officially dead, being out of print, many of them second-hand and at very
>good prices (by British standards).

I strongly agree with Jon's comments.  I've bought a lot from them over the
years and found their mail service excellent.  I was delighted on my first
visit to the shop to find that the owner, Harold Moores (with an s), is an
expatriate New Zealander.  Regrettably, the current exchange rate has dried
up the traffic but things are improving.  North American listers who have
trouble obtaining some labels might like to give them a try.

Richard Pennycuick