From:
Suzanne Bowes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:58:20 -0800
I received the MOM product from J&J a few years ago
along w/ their "new" bottle.  As I read thru the tear
off sheets, I was surprised that most of it seemed OK
(at least to me).  The bottle was just another bottle
but an improvement over their old "Platex Nurser".
Whether we like it or not, our mother population reads
this stuff and gets inundated w/ it in the mail.   J&J
is a well known company who's ad slogan is that
"babies are our business".  I don't see a problem in
working w/ these companies to help them become more BF
friendly and providing mothers w/ accurate, research
based, current information.   This is the 21st Century
and a good amount of mothers return to the work force.
 They need assistance in keeping their milk supply
going, pumping advice, and products they can depend on
to help them.  Some of our well known pump companies
also make baby bottles and nipples.  Almost all the
mom with whom I work (& returning to work) ask me what
is the best nipple/bottle to buy.  I usually tell them
that it is a crap shoot and whatever the baby likes,
it the one to buy.
Suzanne Bowes RN, IBCLC