From:
Laurence Glavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:41:19 -0500
Mitch Friedfeld wrote concerning Prokofiev's "Dance of the Knights" from
Romeo and Juliet...:

>The same music was used for many years by BBC TV in their coverage of
>the Karpov-Kasparov wars in the mid-80s. That music was a strong factor
>in my re-engagement with classical music.

That means you went "away" for a while.  How could you do that?  I have
a NEED for music that becomes almost insistent if I don't sit down and
listen to some for a while.  There's a big storm predicted for Sunday
in Greater Boston; I think I'll tape a new piece from tonight's Boston
Symphony Orchestra broadcast and play it while I'm waiting for the
gentleman who plows my driveway to show up!  Otherwise, I would have
gone through the whole day without music.  (Original plan: to go to a
play at the Huntington Theater, Boston, but the Mayah says keep cahs off
the road!).

"Laurence Glavin" <[log in to unmask]>