HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Boyer, Jeffrey, DCA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:14:58 -0600
See?  Archaeology is science, after all.  How do we know?  Because even a short discussion with a practitioner of physics, chemistry, astronomy, yada yada, will yield similar stories.  At least one moral: scientists are humans, and, for all our protestations to the contrary, we all develop personal, vested (or so we perceive) interests in, not only our research results, but our paradigms as well.  Paradigms die hard, brothers and sisters.  Does that make us villanous?

Jeffrey L. Boyer, RPA
Office of Archaeological Studies
P.O. Box 2087
Santa Fe, New Mexico  87504