From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:22:27 +0200
Robert Stumpf, wrote:

>Whilst on the subject of Mahler Symphonies, anyone want to make some
>recommendations about #3? I have Zander and Rattle in my collection.

The Zander recording is intensely disappointing.  Rattle isn't bad but
my own allegiance is to Barbirolli (BBC Legends), Horenstein, Kubelik
and Bernstein.  For newer recordings I have been impressed by the new
Chailly which I will be reviewing any day for Music Web.  You can read
my detailed thoughts in my Mahler recordings survey.  For the Third go
to: http://www.musicweb.uk.net/Mahler/Mahler3.htm

Tony Duggan
Stafordshire, England.