Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:40:52 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
Dear colleagues:

Just wanted to share a few updates:

1) A new policy: I'm pleased to say that ILCA Board of Directors has responded positively to my request that it create a more culturally competent policy on the presence of babies and children at its conferences. Please see "Welcoming Mother-Professionals to ILCA Conferences" in the breastfeeding section of the Publications page of my website, Ammawell (http://home.comcast.net/~ammawell), if you'd like more information about the rationale behind both my request and ILCA's acceptance of it.

2) A new translation: One of my publications, "Unexpected Mothering," has been translated into Russian by Natalie Wilson. Thank you, Natalie! A link to the Russian translation is available in the breastfeeding section of the Publications page of my website.

3) Request for help with research: I am continuing to seek stories of times when mothering (including breastfeeding) didn't go as expected as part of my research on "Unexpected Mothering." Many, but not all, of the stories that women have sent to me so far have been about experiencing a traumatic childbirth. I continue to need real stories of real mothers responding to, coping with, and/or working to heal from the unexpected in their lives. I have extended the deadline indefinitely. If you are interested in helping with this research, or if you know someone who might be, please go to the Current Research page of my website, Ammawell, for more information. Please feel free to forward this request to any mother whom you think would be interested in helping other mothers by sharing her own story with the unexpected. Any experiences that are published in a future article or book will be published anonymously. Thank you!

4) A new certification: I am now a member of the American Academy of Experts on Traumatic Stress and am board Certified in Acute Traumatic Stress Management. I sought this certification because of my concern about the impact of traumatic birth experiences on maternal mental health and development, breastfeeding, mothering, and, concomitantly, on infant mental health and development. I will be writing and presenting about this topic in the future.

Still nomail and missing Lactnet,

Cynthia

--
Cynthia Good Mojab, MS clinical psychology, IBCLC, RLC, CATSM 
Ammawell 
Email: [log in to unmask] 
Announcement only email list: [log in to unmask] 

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2