ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Segebrecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:03:29 -0500

Hello everyone,
I am working with a local entity that is putting some funding behind a public paleo prep lab in partnership with a neighboring university. The lab will be impressive, prepping a camarsaur from field jackets to casting. The question came up in a meeting-- does anyone had any strong evaluations on how such an exhibit (or in general exhibits with dinosaurs) increases attendance, facility feasibility, field trips, etc. I know that in doing an environmental scan, many large museums are dedicating substanstial funding to improving their dinosaur halls. If anyone can shed some good data on that impact, or better yet, of a public lab facility, please send them my way. Thanks!

Linda Segebrecht