From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:26:38 +1100
Don Satz wrote:

>What I don't understand is why the choral parts of the ninth symphony
>are excluded.  It would have been a nice touch.

Liszt also made a transcription of the 9th for two pianos.  I heard
it years ago and endeavoured unsuccessfully to buy it.  The pianists
were brothers named Contigulia (or something like that) and it was on
Connoisseur Society.  The choral parts may well be included in this
transcription.

Does anyone have this LP lurking in their attic? For that matter, is
Connoisseur Society still alive and well? Didn't they do some Ivan Moravec
recordings? Or perhaps I'm suffering from information overload again...

Richard Pennycuick