From:
Mike Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:51:19 -0700
Janice Rosen wrote:

>I am looking for a newspaper article from the past 20 years in which a
>well known Jewish conductor or composer was quoted as saying that we
>should focus on and appreciate Wagner's music rather than debate his
>life.  It may have been Bernstein or Barenboim or someone else.  I am
>not sure.  Can someone point me to the citation and/or the article?

I don't know if this meets your needs, but: Sir George Solti said as
much, verbally, on several occasions.  Though not within the last 20
years, he does so c.  1963 on "The Golden Ring" (DVD still available),
and also on at least one of the interviews he did with Charlie Rose on
PBS in the 1990s.

Cheers,

Mike Smith
Boulder, Colorado