HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Timothy Scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:05:44 -0500
Michigan Technological University is also going to accept students
displaced by university closures.  The details of tuition and how
many students seem to be unresolved, but I expect will reflect what
Columbia and others are attempting to do-- at no or very low cost.
The administration's offer was first targeted to undergraduate
students in science and technology, but as the scale of the tragedy
became apparent I think they extended it across all subjects and
levels.  Very brief details are at: http://www.mtu.edu

We have not had a moment to discuss this among the industrial
archaeology faculty at MTU, but displaced graduate students should
contact Pat Martin at [log in to unmask] if they feel that MTU's IA
program might keep them on track for their degree.  Given all the
offers of help, I hope everyone will settle into a place.

Best,
Tim Scarlett