HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:17:00 +0000
if you can't get hold of a proper trained professional conservator, i would have a chemist look at the grease to find out what it is, first, then maybe recommend something safe to remove it with -
are there no conservation/costodial notes with them, identifying the substance?
putting them in a plastic bag might just cause them to get mouldy or something; if they've survived since the 60s in a cardboard box, why not just put them in a new box? if they're stable as they are, don't mess with 'em