HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:36:13 +0000
I thoroughly agree with Robert. After being a member of SHA for two
decades it was especially nice not to have a 7 hour flight, go through
the mill of US customs and have a 5 hour connection wait to get to SHA
and have little or no change out of a £1000. I enjoyed both tours and as
an English medievalist by training and excavator of a Cistercian Abbey
(well a bit of it) I was also impressed by the American tour guides- it
says something for the Cente of Medieval Studies at York. Thanks Harold,
Kate, Jon and others. I just hope the exchange rate gets closer to 2
dollars to the pound for Jan 2007.

paul courtney