From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:14:12 +0000
Bernard Chasan writing about his beloved WCRB in Boston:

>So a concert featuring Beethoven and Bartok is announced as "The BSO plays
>Beethoven this Thursday".

One might think that major Northeast cities would be a hotbed of new
musical adventure, but one would evidently be wrong.  Where are all
the pioneers?  In the western part of the U.S.  When the name of Bartok
strikes fear into audience goers, there is something amiss and it's time
to pack up and move on.  I grew up in the Boston area and feel that I
gained much from the experience, but I haven't missed the place at all
(except for the Boston Public Library).

Don Satz (The Don of Albuquerque)