Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Nancy Paronich Rnc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:04:36 EST

Hello All,
I have the mothers permission to ask for advice about her particular
situation. This mother is pregnant with her second baby and the repeat C/S  is planed
for Feb. She is an RN and was a client of mine with her first  baby. Her
original consultation was because of decreased milk supply and  very painful
nipples. We determined and she was treated for yeast  (with the usual diet changes,
garlic capsules and long tern Difluican) and  Raynauds (treated with
Nifedipine). In addition, she was able to increase  her milk supply within a short
time by taking Fenugreek and double  electric breast pumping. Moreover, one the
HORRIFIC pain was diminished  she put her baby back to breast with no
difficulty. She breastfed him  happily for a year. I will now include her description
of her current  situation and hopefully you can offer us some guidance about
her twofold  conditions (current yeast and some symptoms of Raynauds of her
nipples)  and her concern re: antibiotics post C/S.

Hello Nancy,
I was hoping you could give me some preparatory advice for baby #2. I  am due
in 2-3 weeks and have all ready experienced some symptoms of  Raynaud's.
I have been on a double course of antibiotics and have already been  cultured
with "Tons" of yeast. I have been on Terazol for 7 days but found  out
yesterday that I cultured positive for Strep and I will need more  antibiotics
before I have my C/S. We are scheduled for 2/25 unless the  baby decided to come
sooner. I am also on Flovent from chronic bronchitis  and I know that can cause
thrush for me. I am out on maternity leave since  I haven't been able to shake
this upper respiratory infection (since  November). I wonder if I should
start loading up on garlic Acidophilus,  etc. I this is a lot to deal with and I
will be happy to schedule an  appointment with you to sort this all our. Please
let me know how to set  up and appointment with you so I can joyfully breast
feed my second baby.  Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

I will share your thoughts and recommendations with this mother if  you give
me permission to do so.
Thank you,
Nancy

Nancy  Paronich RNC IBCLC