HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Hoover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:02:30 -0500
NPS is again offering its wonderful program entitled "Current Archaeological
Prospection Advances for Nondestructive Investigations in the 21st Century" at
Hopewell culture National Historical Park in Chillicothe, Ohio, from May
16-20, 2005.  The workshop will provide practical application of geophysical
equipment and aerial photography techniques for the identification, evaluation, and
conservation of cultural resources. Instruction will be given in the use of
magnetometers, conductivity meters, resistivity meters, ground penetrating
radar, metal detectors,  magnetic susceptibility, and low-level aerial
photography.  One day will be devoted to an equipment fair with several manufacturers
present.  As an alum of this program, I recommend it highly.  I am still
benefiting from the materials that I learned there.  Cost is a low $475.00 for
tuition.  Get additional information from the coordinator, Steven DeVore at (402)
437-5392, X1421.  Federal personnel may be able to get tuition paid with proper
documentation.