ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kathy Krafft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:31:46 -0500

1.  We got very attractive stools 2 years ago from Target, of all places, made out of Baltic Birch plywood for both seats and legs.. similar to those that Ikea used to make.. for $15 each.  They've been on our floor and with two different traveling exhibitions, and held up well so far (even 6 months at Innoventions at Epcot).

"natural stackable 18" stool- set of 4" is what I found them listed as on their website, still $60 for 4.

We were getting very frustrated in our search for wooden stools, and a staff member stumbled across these in a Target store somewhere (we didn't have one locally at the time). We got something like 50 sets for 3 traveling exhibitions and our museum as we were about to open our expansion-- had to special order and pick them up about an hour away.

They stack neatly in piles of up to 8.

2.  For an exhibition where we wanted metal finish, I found some stools made for schools for $35 each that have a choice of colors in hard plastic seats, and a choice of leg colors too (adjustable as well).  Made by Columbia manufacturing, our distributor was Scholastic Furniture (www.artcobell.com is where I found them initially).

Kathy Krafft
Director of Exhibits
Sciencenter
Ithaca, NY