From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:30:12 PST
Steven Martin wrote:

>This is why I might steer you towards Music Boulevard.  My experience
>is that if they say they have it then they really do have it.

My experience with Music Boulevard is very different.  As an example, they
said they had Mutter's Beethoven violin sonata set, Telemann's Coronet
Cantatas, and volume ten of Bowyer's Bach organ series.  I ordered them,
and the order was cancelled.  Are these discs out of print? Of course not.
Not only did Music Boulevard not have these items in stock, they would not
even effectively backorder them.  This is poor service and
misrepresentation.

I watched a news program a few weeks ago which highlighted the theme that
U.S.  consumers prefer lower prices to better service.  Whether we are
getting lower prices is debatable, but the service is taking a nosedive.

Don Satz