ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Jim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 07:17:38 EDT

Good Morning ASTC List Readers,

My name is Jim Kaufman.  I'm the President of the Laboratory Safety Institute
(LSI).

LSI is the nation's only non-profit organization dedicated to safety in
science and science education.  For nearly 30 years, LSI has provided programs and
services for both it's members and non-members throughout the world.  LSI
offers training, professional development courses, audits, lab safety program
development, lab design and renovation, and regulatory compliance assistance, a
newsletter (Speaking of Safety), an AV-Lending Library, an internet discussion
list and more.  Labs-R-Us!

Please let me know if you would like a free copy of "Laboratory Safety
Guidelines: 40 Suggestions for a Safer Lab."  LSI is a resource for safety conscious
scientists and science educators.  We welcome questions.

I'm new to the list and wanted to learn more about both ASTC's activities
related to science safety.  What been done in the past and what happening now?

Regards, ... Jim Kaufman

                        James A. Kaufman, Ph.D.
                          President/CEO
                      The Laboratory Safety Institute