HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:14:21 +1000
Recently, I have been forced to use a GPS - a Garmin etrex, which I had to lug along with me as well as a digital camera and 100000000 AA size batteries.

But I was wondering whether anyone has combined those hand held digital note pads (beloved of marketing types) with a GPS receiver. I though that you could set up a data recording sheet and simply tick the boxes to record information and directly mark a way point all in one rather than much around with several different records as I do now.

I'm sure it is not an orginal idea - does anyone know of such a machine

yours

Iain Stuart