From:
"Mirine R. Dye" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:09:55 -0400
The NIH response was:
"Thank you for your comments and for your visit to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Although it is probably unlikely that persons making decisions about breastfeeding versus bottlefeeding will be greatly influenced by seeing a nurse bottle feeding a baby in our online coloring book, we will be happy to consider other coloring pictures of nurses that you would like to volunteer."

The entire collection is antiquated and offensive. The women are all in aprons and dresses, and all the professionals are white men.
I have a public domanin coloring page of a woman helping another woman breastfeed, and it could easily look like a nurse helping. I happily sent it to them.
Now someone needs to draft some people of color and women's images for kids to see.

How sad that they see their images as unlikely to influence decisions....why on earth are the topics presented to children at all then?