ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Anita M. Sohus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:52:14 -0700

After a 7-year journey, NASA's Cassini spacecraft, carrying ESA's
Huygens probe, is due to arrive at Saturn on June 30 (PDT).  The
first encounter, with the outermost moon Phoebe, is this week:  June
11!

Many of you partnered with us for the Mars Exploration Rover
missions; we are extending the same invitation for Cassini and other
upcoming events in solar system exploration.  We send you regular
updates on schedules, events, and mission news; hold regular telecons
for you to talk with mission and science personnel; and send A/V
material both electronically and via DVDs. And if you (or your
audiences) have questions we can't answer, we'll find someone who can.

If your organization is not already a partner in the Museum Alliance,
please signup at http://marsdata1.jpl.nasa.gov/muse/alliance/  If you
do not know your IP address, http://whatismyip.com will tell you.

A near-term schedule of upcoming mission events follows in Universal
Time (basically Greenwich time) unless otherwise noted:

June 11, 2004:  Flyby of Phoebe at about 2,100 kilometers. Images