From:
Len Mullenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:08:31 -0000
Classical Music on the Web (UK)  http://come.to/musicweb

Recent additions to the site

David Wright interviews Peter Katin  and presents biographical studies of
Patric Standford, Gerard Victory  and Aloys Fleischmann

Classical CD reviews for January
http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/classrev/classrev.html

A bumper batch of over 55 discs reviewed this month!

Note: some of these discs are not distributed  in the UK. If you wish to
purchase one  of these, click on the sales link to register your  interest
and an attempt will be made to import the required  number.

In Summary:

Melodiya recordings are being remastered and re-released by BMG. We review
11 including  the Bolshoi "War and Peace"

Composer of the Month is OTHMAR SCHOECK   with commentary on 10 recordings

Three Claves discs of Catalan music

We welcome the new Danish ClassicO label with reviews of four recordings of
British music.

 From the remainder may I draw attention to the complete Humphrey Searle
symphonies on CPO, a re-release of Rubbra songs and finally, a real
discovery, Ernst Kovacic performing Thomas Wilson's violin concerto on
a mid-price release.

Len Mullenger