From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:46:19 -0500
Kevin Sutton writes:

>Naxos has just released Volume seven in their [Schnabel/Beethoven
>series.  They are outstanding.  I have all seven volumes.  The sound
>is superb, the documentation excellent, and they are under $7 each.

I completely agree. Mark Obert-Thorn is the wizard transfer engineer
for the series and the sound is wonderful for the period.  [And for what
it's worth, I've reviewed most of them at amazon.com - I will say that
the seventh (and last) in the series is probably one of the best of the
lot, with a smashing 'Appassionata' and three others.  I also suggest
that Naxos will undoubtedly issue the set in a box one of these days at
an even better price.

Scott Morrison